Saturday, August 15, 2009

Medicine Ball vs Rice

I was watching a little NBA fit on NBATV the other day, and Luol Deng was reaching his hands in a big bucket of rice. Now, obviously Deng was working on his hand and forearm strength, and that’s great. However, since my next DVD, “Keys to a Quick Handle – The Complete Medicine Ball Workout” is coming out soon, I got to thinking.

If I told you that you could take a ½ hour and improve your ball handling, hand quickness, explosiveness, fundaments, while improving your hand and forearm strength, OR take a ½ hour, squuze some rice, and improve your hand and forearm strength, what would you choose? That should be an easy answer. You would pick the ½ hour that would benefit your game the most, and equip you with the most skills. In other words, you would pick time efficiency.

That’s why I am so excited about the medicine ball. There’s no question that hand strength is essential. And that’s why NBA players like Luol Deng is taking the time and energy to squeeze and work with rice. But I also believe, that players like Deng will soon put that rice away and get their hand strength on the basketball court, with a basketball in their hands, taking game shots, and working on game skills.

Remember, while the medicine ball is an old concept, this kind of medicine ball training is a new idea and a fresh way to train. The word will soon be out and I can’t wait to share it with you all. The promo is below: I would love to hear your thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment